Senior Premium Auditor
MEMIC | Wilmington, DE
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Senior Premium Auditor is responsible for visiting insureds or accountants, in an assigned territory, to perform physical inspections of payroll/financial records to determine final earned premium on expired policies. The Senior Auditor will audit more complex risks requiring a high degree of technical communication skills.
- Performs premium audits within an assigned geographic territory, maintaining high quality with timely service.
- Verifies all audits with state and federal filings.
- Maintains favorable relationships with insureds, agents, and other company personnel. Takes prompt, customer-focused action to resolve complaints/audit disputes and report problems to Premium Audit Manager that may require attention.
- Submits activity reports, expense accounts, and any other reports as required by management.
- Maintains company vehicle, computer, and all other equipment assigned.
- Visits producers and agents to discuss problems/opportunities.
- Assists in training of new Premium Auditors.
- Assists Premium Audit Manager with special projects.
- May require expert witness for bureau hearings and disputes.
- May review contract fee audit work for quality assurance and billing.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Premium Auditor with a Carrier or Fee Company.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish speaking is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.