Maine Maritime Academy
Administrative Assistant - Financial & Institutional Services and Yacht Donation ProgramCastine, ME 04421
The Administrative Assistant for Financial & Institutional Services and Yacht Donation Program provides clerical and administrative support to the Vice President for Financial and Institutional Services and for the Director of the Yacht Donation Program. The employee may also provide clerical and administrative support to the Director of Finance and the Director of Human Resources. The incumbent uses software applications including word processing, database management systems, spreadsheets and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, etc. to accomplish tasks. This is confidential, salaried position and is full-time, benefits eligible.
Financial & Institutional Services
· Provides a wide range of clerical support including: keyboarding, composing and editing letters, memoranda, reports, presentations, and cases.
· Prepare and edit general correspondence, create forms, reports and presentations as assigned.
· Arranges, schedules, and follows up on meetings, ensuring notification to participants and setting meeting agendas when appropriate.
· Record, maintain and distribute minutes of staff and committee meetings.
· Reconcile departmental budget and expense statements and maintain appropriate records. Prepare purchase orders for approval and maintain inventory of office supplies.
· Collect, organize and distribute data for various reports.
· Authors, edits, proofs and compiles various publications and announcements, including website content.
· Schedules travel for the Vice President.
· Record information as required and maintain departmental records and files.
· Answers and routes phone calls, mail and e-mail.
· Creates and maintains information in both physical and computer files.
· Other duties as assigned.
Yacht Donation Program
· Build a robust Contact Relationship Management system to track yacht donors and charterers, and to record donations, sales and charters.
· Assist the Director in all sale-related activities as needed and the development and maintenance of all required online and physical files, submitting tax information, creating purchase requests and purchase orders, processing invoices, and obtaining bids for work.
· Create and maintain all written material, letters, contracts, SOPs, etc. for the yacht donation program.
· Ensures strict compliance with all appropriate federal and state(s) tax codes in the donation and charter of all yachts.
· Accurately and consistently, track all transactions and work with the Academy back offices for data transfer and documentation.
· Assist Director in developing and maintaining a network of donors, brokers and boatyards that will result in constant stream of donated yachts.
· Assist Director in all reporting and presentations for Advancement VP and MMA Board of Trustees.
· Promote the public relations goals of MMA, building a positive image of the waterfront and sailing program through community events, fundraising events and other public opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. The Academy may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with policy and collective bargaining agreements.
· Self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing work load and prioritizing tasks.
· Application and intermediate knowledge of office practices and procedures.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include use of email system, calendaring, Microsoft Office products and academic software and the ability to learn a variety of office/educational software products as required.
· Effective phone etiquette skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms.
· Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
· Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Must be able to work in an environment with constant interruptions.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· High School graduate required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents, such as policies, procedures and handbooks.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Proficiency with MS‐Office suite and similar programs required.
· Solid working knowledge of office processes and systems.
· Strong customer service, flexibility and interpersonal skills required.
· Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
· Initiative and ability to prioritize work in order to complete assigned tasks required.
· Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
· Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and conditions.
*PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS *
· Requires sustained use of computer monitor and keyboard.
· Indoor office environment.
· Interacts with other employees and students.
· Maine Maritime Academy is a tobacco-free campus.