Ed Tech III ReliefSaco, ME 04072
$500 Sign-On Bonus!
New Rates! Now starting at $19 per hour!
Are you looking for a career that you feel passionately about? Do you enjoy making a different in the livesof Maine children? If this sounds likeyou - Sweetser is looking for Ed Tech III's to support children who experiencemental, behavioral and emotional health challenges. Support the classroom teacher or appropriatespecialist by assisting in the planning and implementing of the instructionalprocess and maintaining an environment conducive to learning. Sweetser offers extensive paid training,continuing education credits, paid holidays, school breaks and summers!
• Assist classroom teacher by reviewing and reinforcing learning previously introduced by the teacher or specialist under the direct supervision of the teacher.
• Support the educational plan, including goals and activities, involving students in community and social programming based on individual need, scheduling and assigning instructional activities and following up on results.
• Reinforce students' personal and social development by reinforcing rules and procedures for administrative matters, students' verbal participation and students' movement within the classroom, between classrooms and on the playground.
• Provide assistance to community-based programs by supervising small groups with professional supervision.
• Ensure students' correct behavior by effectively using the behavioral systems that have been put into place by the classroom teacher, appropriate specialist, and treatment team.
• Conveys information to students by using language concepts, examples, demonstrations and teaching aids, such as audiovisual equipment and computers.
• Assist classroom teacher by maintaining a safe environment for all students, having knowledge of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), and using the procedures effectively.
• Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
• Three (3) years post-secondary education or a combination to ninety (90) hours of approved study in an education field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Valid state driver's license.
• BHP training and certification (or willingness to be trained).
• Minimum of two (2) years working in the educational technician or related field preferred.
• Documented participation with in-service training in the field of assignment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Personal characteristics and temperament suitable for working with persons with special needs.
• Ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.